Okay so I'm a little late in doing this, but I had things going on! That's a lame excuse. Mostly I was lazy, but hey, better late than never, am I right? So without further ado, my year in review, shamlessly stolen from Aunt Becky at mommywantsvodka.com:
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I can't think of anything life changing. Hm, not a good start to this!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I try not to make resolutions, but this year after my mom's cancer, I've resolved to spend more time with my friends and family
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few of my old peeps from high school had a couple of critters and a bunch more are due to pop at any moment!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Just Stuart, my lovely Gourami (fish)
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
6. What countries did you visit?
Just Canada but I can walk there from work so it's not that interesting
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
The day that my mom found out that her cancer was back. (It's since shrunk but we only found that out last week)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing the course I was taking for work. No, not just passing, kicking it's ass!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not mastering nunchucks. It's very disappointing
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the normal colds and asthma attacks. Business as usual.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm supposed to remember what I bought all year? I can't remember what I wore three days ago!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
What's with all the hard questions, meme? I guess I'll go with my dog, she didn't have any (maybe one or two) accidents!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The stupid assholes that went around shooting people, that makes me so angry!
14. Where did most of your money go?
I'd love to say something cool like glitter, fake snow machines and buying penquins, but that would be a lie. Bills, always the bills
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Super Bowl. I was screaming my head off like a maniac! That's why I will not go in public when my team is playing
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
I'm really annoyed by them (now) but I have to say Gangnam Style or Call Me Maybe They were everywhere.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I'd say happier
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same
iii. richer or poorer? Same I guess.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stare at the computer
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Um, how I did spend it or how I will be spending it next year? This year I went to my mama's and hung out and gorged myself
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nope, but I'm already there so I guess still in love would be accurate
23. How many one-night stands?
My husband would be pissed if the number was anything other than 0!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Um, I'm really liking the New Normal and of course, PLL and Glee oh and Downton Abbey, love those mofo's! I don't take my TV shows too seriously.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of
26. What was the best book you read?
I read A LOT so it's not fair to pick just one
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Imagine Dragons, such a diverse sound.
28. What did you want and get?
A Kindle Fire HD! I finally have something modern and I know how to use it, a little, not much, it's so pretty!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I watch a lot of them and can never keep the plots straight, but I think I'll go with The Avengers. I love comics and this was a great adaptation. Ah! Nerd alert!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 and I took the day off, oh and ate cupcakes! Perfect day!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Trying to care less about how people see me or judge me. This is me and I rock!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Comfort, all about the comfort
34. What kept you sane?
Who says I'm sane??
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Did I fancy? Are we British now? I guess I fancied David Beckam, he's just, yeah, wow!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
What will happen to Big Bird!
37. Who did you miss?
Every year I miss the same three people. My grandma, grandpa and my Uncle Mike
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a couple cool new people that I am lucky enough to now call friends
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
If someone tells you that a food is so spicy it will make your esophagus explode, listen to them, do not find out on your own!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
In the end, everything will be alright. If it's not alright, it's not the end. Okay that isn't a song lyric, but I really like it and I'm keeping it.
However, it is the end of this meme!