Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Some Things

Just a couple of things that I want to share....

- First, is it normal for an adult woman to scream at animals from the relative safety of her vehicle?  This happened to me the other night while driving home from work.  An innocent raccoon was hanging out on the side of the road just waddling around and I didn't see him until I was right next to him, loud singing may have been involved in the distraction.  He scared me and I yelled at the top of my lungs, alone, in my car "SWEET JESUS RACKENHOON" and kept driving.  I call them rackenhoons thanks to a little girl I used to nanny for that couldn't pronounce the word raccoon to save her life.  She also had problems with yesterday, yessertoday. 

-To my lovely neighbors downstairs.  Congratulations on the lady love fest last night, way to go, really, but for the love of all that is good and holy, please, I beg of you, close your damn windows!!  I don't think the whole neighborhood needed the play by play.  I honestly thought there was a hurt cat outside at first.

-Finally I want to brag on myself for a quick minute.  The toilet in our apartment was running something fierce, the sound of running water almost constant.  So annoying but also apparently jacking up the water bill, who knew?  So I decided to take matters into my own hands and repair it. After hours (like 10 minutes tops) of scouring the Internet for answers, I trucked off to Wally World to get some supplies.  With what I hoped were the correct parts I proceeded to replace the faulty part in the toilet and stop the annoying leaky thing!  I did it!  I have mad plumbing skillz, yo.  I feel a new career coming on, but without all the crack of course.  It does however flush twice when you push the handle, but whatever, no more running water!

No comments:

Post a Comment