Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Long walks and random animal parts

  The title for this post is more of something that my dog would put in her "likes" column.  I'm not that weird!  I love my dog very much and I love taking her for walks at night when I get done work.  Just her and I in the peaceful quiet night.  The thing I am not liking, is her uncanny ability to find random parts of animals during our walks.    Keep in mind that I live in a small city, we have sidewalks and roads.  I'm not in the middle of the country where various animal parts would be more understandable.  Still gross, but understandable.
  Last year it was a wing.  Oh how she loved that wing, we'd walk by and she would stop and roll and roll on it no matter how much I tried to pull her away or how much I was gagging.  I have no idea what happened to the rest of the poor bird that left his wing on the sidewalk but I'm sure it wasn't pretty.  I like to pretend that he transformed into something awesome like a unicorn and had no use for stupid wings anymore.
  Last week my sweet sweet pup found a tail.  I think it was attached to a red squirrel at some point based on the size and color.  Again, I'm thinking unicorn transformation, but I can't be sure.  She was so enthralled with the tail.  She pawed at it, sniffed it and then tried to pick it up in her mouth.  This is when my super human strength kicked in and I was able to pull her away.  Ew no, no putting tails attached or unattached into her mouth. it is not happening on my watch.  She's an extremely strong dog and about 75 to 80 pounds so pulling her anywhere is no small feat.
  We made it home and I promptly forgot about it until a few hours later when I mentioned it to my husband.  His response: "You couldn't have told me about this BEFORE I let her lick my face".  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment